Sunday, February 07, 2010

FEBRUARY 2010

HEY EVERYONE!! so I know I haven't blogged in a while. I've been pretty busy these days.
It's February 2010!

Let me first say... Happy Black History Month!! I can't let this month go by and not think of my past! I actually get pretty emotional about it because I know I could not do anything that I'm doing now without someone breaking some sort of barrier for me.

Many people have endored sooooo much pain and torment just so that I and many other people like myself could read, vote, drink out of a fountain, swim in a pool, sit in the front of the bus... so many things!! I'm so thankful for them. Now don't get me wrong... I'm thankful for my ancestors everyday BUT I'm thankful for this month of extra celebration LOL!

One of my favorite songs written by James W. Johnson, Lift Every Voice and Sing
Lift ev'ry voice and sing, Till earth and heaven ring, Ring with the harmonies of Liberty;
Let our rejoicing rise, High as the list'ning skies, Let it resound loud as the rolling sea.
Sing a song full of the faith that the dark past has taught us, Sing a song full of the hope that the present has brought us; Facing the rising sun of our new day begun, Let us march on till victory is won.
http://www.poets.org/poet.php/prmPID/72



OK so now... I've been a naughty water drinker... meaning... I fell off the wagon! UGH! I'm starting all over again with drinking at least 64oz of water every day!! I need water! You need water! We need Water!!











I'm still doing my walking every saturday with our walking group and we are the best! Although it's been rainy out here in the Bay Area were still walking YEP! were in the malls walking the whole mall!! and let me tell you to walk a mall for an hour!! is work!! I love my walking group! they keep me motivated and they keep my smiling!! Thank you ladies!

I'm promoting good health! I'm all for healthy living!! Get that excercise in! Drink you water!! Take care of yourself and ladies... always remember to keep it sassy AND FELLAS!! make sure you show LOVE!! to all your Sassy Girls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Choqolate Chiq Communiqué

Popular Posts