Saturday, June 29, 2013

HEALTHY SMILES AND J. COLE (SMILE WITH ME)

MY SMILE!! Many of you may or may not know that this BUT the Choqolate Chiq doesn't have a perfect smile. However, I smile anyway (I have a BIG SMILE). In the past I would often cover up my smile. As I mature and get older, I tend not to care so much about covering my smile. One morning I woke up and heard J. Cole's latest song, Crooked Smile. This song had me rocking and smiling!! I LOVED IT for so many reasons!!

Smiling is good for the mind, body, heart and soul! It's really not about a crooked smile or perfect smile BUT it's all about a genuine, true, authentic SMILE!  

It is a known fact that there are many types of smiles. I tend to say we have the fake smile (I am guilty of this one in pictures) and we have the genuine smile (I am good for this one too LOL). The healthy smile is actually the true smile better known as the Duchenne smile.

French neurologist Dr. Guillaume Duchenne, investigated/studied the difference between True Smile and the False Smile.

How to recognize a genuine smile:
The genuine smile causes the Zygomatic muscles of the cheek to raise the corners of the mouth and the Orbicularis Oculi muscles of the eye (raising the cheeks and forming crow's feet around the eye). ALL of these signs indicate that the smile is genuine and that the person smiling is truly happy.           

Why do you want a genuine smile?
The true and genuine SMILE stimulates happy places in your body which cause "good" chemicals to be released, thus relieving you of stress and depression!! (I am sure when you think about it... you will agree)

I recently read an article on smiling and this description actually sums up why smiling is healthy! "On a biochemical level, smiling releases endorphins and serotonin. Endorphins are natural painkillers. The more endorphins your brain releases, the more your body can fight off symptoms of illness."

Isn't that wonderful (smile)!!

"Similarly, serotonin is a brain chemical that acts as a natural anti-depressant. Reshaping our mouth from a frown to a smile literally sparks serotonins dramatically shifting our sense of well-being from negative to positive."
PRESS PLAY AND SMILE WITH ME !!

(make sure it's a real smile)




Check out the link below for more information on smiling.
To purchase this song go onto Google Play

Thank you Underground Health Reporter for sharing & Celeste Yarnall, PhD
Read more: http://undergroundhealthreporter.com/duchenne-smile-benefits#ixzz2Xd0kzgSL
Read more: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/the-health-benefits-of-smiling.html#ixzz2Xd02zrJT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Choqolate Chiq Communiqué

Popular Posts